Monday, June 20, 2011

365Beautiful... Day 10 ... Sighs (June 17, 2011)


This afternoon I was able to take a drive down Pacific Coast Highway as the sun began its descent into the horizon. I'm not a very big beach person, but I can't deny the beauty, serenity and power of the ocean. 

I snapped a few photos along the way, and this one I caught while I was pulled over at a small turn-off. I found myself sighing every time the waves hit the rocks and taking deep breaths when the tides pulled back. 

I talk a lot about emotion, and I know I'll talk more about it as the days pass, but maybe my (and others)  connection to their emotions is what can make me (and others) radiate with beauty. 

I find sighs to be extremely powerful. It can be filled with desperation, with hope, with memory, with love. 

I imagine that if sighs could be physically manifested with color and texture, each one would be different, like snowflakes. Our lungs transforming into factories of breath and emotion, assembling our sighs and pushing them up our esophagus. Some emerging from our mouths pink and soft like cotton candy, other heavily floating out gray and dense like rain clouds. Sometimes they'll come out in prolonged puffs of glittering gold powder, floating with the wind and other times in different bubbles of colors: pinks, greens, blues and purples, tickling our noses and making our toes wiggle. 

The connections we can have to our bodies are amazing, I think I'll continue assigning colors to my sighs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment